Monday, July 27, 2009

Doing Well

Chemo #4 took a solid 10 days to recover from (really only days 4-8 were really bad - Saturday to Wednesday). I'm fine now and hope to enjoy some nice walks this week, and one more weekend at the lake before chemo again next week. I'm confident I can get ahead of the pain next time and keep it under control. And there was no nausea at all (except a bit from the pain meds). Medication for side effects causes more side effects... sigh.

From other people's tips, it sounds like I will recover much quicker by staying on top of the pain (and be ready for our Toronto friends who are coming to visit with their 3 boys!!)

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better Beth you had me worried about you.
    I have mine tomorrow and honestly a little no a lot nervous about it...then there will be 2 left hopefully there is a light at this mad tunnel
    Alli xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that you managed to bear this one better...staying on top of the pain, a little ahead of the game really worked for me. That's the thing with chemo -- it's a lot of trial and error to "get it right"...it's really not a "one size fits all" treatment.

    Enjoy your visitors from this fair city...but remember not to push yourself and if your friends want to do things for you, to pamper you, to wait on you, remember Beth..you will say???? "thank you so much"!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are feeling better Beth and will be able to get out for some walks. Exercise is important. I remember my oncologist telling me to get out every day for a walk even if it was only for 5 minutes.
    Enjoy the long weekend at the lake and I hope the weather there is as beautiful as you are:)
    Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stay on top of the pain. It is so much easier when you come off chemo and can take Ibuprofen again. That stuff just seems to work so much better for the accumulation of aches and pain that goes with all this.

    Take care of yourself!

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    You look fabulous and it was so great to see you yesterday. Congratulations on your "Top Health Blogger" honors. Most deserved.

    You are awesome...

    Love,

    a

    ReplyDelete