Thursday, August 13, 2009

CT Scan results

That was very quick! They called to tell me everything looks good. The reason they did the CT was because my liver enzymes were acting up (as seen in my blood work) which could mean the cancer had metastasized (spread) to my liver, but chemo can also affect it too. Very good news, its just the chemo (yes, a bit of sarcasm there).

I also talked to her about my low hemoglobin counts. She said again its the chemo doing it, there's nothing I can do to adjust for it. I'm anemic now, and will feel more tired, and light headed or dizzy when I get up. The hemoglobin will pick up on its own about a month after I complete treatment.

Last (ever) neupogen shot this morning.

11 comments:

  1. Not sure if my last post got posted. Glad it wsn't your liver. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic news! (whew!!!!!)

    Sheila, B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad it was good news. My chemo seems to be going on forever, everyone who started after me is finishing and I still have 2 more sets to go in September - can my veins take any more aaaarrrrggghh!

    You will be fine, my oncologist said it would take at least 3 months post chemo to start feeling "normal" again so take it easy on yourself honey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are doing well. Only 1 more to go!

    I think more backyard wine nights should take place.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great great news! Just take it easy until you're done here - you'll be very tired since this nightmare is cumulative but the old Beth will be back before you know it!

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news! Good to see you yesterday. You look great.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think of you often.........SR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.

    ReplyDelete