Saturday, February 21, 2009

Telling my friends

How do you tell your friends? I'm 43, I eat healthy, I run, I don't smoke (other than a couple of years in my early 20's), I drink red wine ;), I live in Winnipeg (come on, there is no pollution in the prairies!!). I have a successful career and a great boss. This might have been the hardest thing - blurting out to people that 'I have breast cancer' - no one expects to hear it, you catch them totally off guard.

My lake friends - the ones we party with - snowmobile, ATV, fishing, boating...

My Nancy that I run with...

My sister...

My Vancouver friends Jan and Denise (and yes, Duane too) ...

My dad, my brother, my sister-in-law, my mother-in-law...

My high school friends (yes, a group of us still get together, its only been 26 yrs since we graduated) were getting together Friday night so I blurted it out in the planning e-mail. Shocked them, but at least we could get together and have a drink Friday night...

My work friends - another tough one - I'm in a local office of 50 people, some of whom I've known for the whole 20+ years I've worked there. Plus lots of close friends in our Vancouver and California offices...

Okay, I'm feeling blessed for having all these friends to tell...

No comments: