Monday, February 22, 2010

1 week until I start work...


A funny thing happened last week. I was feeling pretty good, I stopped to get groceries on my way out, chatted with the cashier, helped bag the groceries into my reusable bags, and just as I'm ready to pay she smiles and says 'do you get the seniors discount'? Really? I don't know what the cutoff is for the discount on Safeway's seniors day, but I'm pretty sure it's not 44. I know I don't look like a senior, even after a year of battling cancer treatments, but it still managed to get me down.

I'm off to the doctor today to get my note giving me permission to go back to work. Later this week I have my mammogram. How much is that going to hurt? Definitely taking tylenol first. It's already been a year since my diagnosis. Unbelievable.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Beth! We just wrote a blog entry about returning to work after treatment...hopefully you can lend some advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! One year behind us! Yayyy!
    Last night a friend who had not seen me for a long time complimented me on my wig. I've had "real" hair since November. Very curly chemo hair! But it's my own! (giggle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck next week beth. I just had my mammogram a week ago but for me it hurt a bit because of my reconstruction. So did you get the senior's discount,lol. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Senior's Discount? Yikes...you look soooo great! I can't believe it has been a year. It has been almost a year since we found out-I don't think I will forget that e-mail.

    Enjoy your last few days off.

    a

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah for first haircuts, and definately too young looking for the senior discount, and happy going back to work day.

    ReplyDelete