Monday, November 9, 2009

1 week post radiation

(well almost). I'm still tiring easily, but otherwise feeling really good. They did say that radiation continues working for 2 weeks after the last treatment. The spot they targeted during the 'boosts' has definitely become more tender and is looking dark red and burnt. But no broken skin. I don't think I'll ever really complain about anything again - nothing is as bad as chemo, and that is over. (my friends that are still enduring chemo remind me every day how lucky I am to be done).




I was at the dentist last week - they put the big lead apron over me while they took an x-ray. After all the chemo and radiation my body has been through, it seemed rather funny to protect me from one little x-ray...



Two more sleeps until my girls getaway...

7 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time Beth.You must be looking forward to a bit of a vacation now. I guess you are through with everything now and it is time to move forward. I have a few more things to do yet and surgery for me is Dec 1st and a few more small surgery's after that and hopefully I will be done by the Spring.
    You will have to let us know how your getaway was when you return.
    Hugs
    Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy. Time helps.
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you! Have a wonderful time away -- I'm sure you'll come back feeling refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was due to have a dental x-ray before I started radiotherapy so the dentist decided not too - silly!

    glad you are feeling good. Keep slapping the cream on 3-4 times per day and it will get better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Denis's link. I love the look and feel of it. Have a great time with your friends. You can find my cancer blog at www.ooopsonline.com
    Be well
    from another Cannuck
    Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing the nightmare. The skin may break up as it heals. Just make sure to wear loose clothing for the time being and don't get overheated. I freaked when I started to peel because it was way deeper than a typical sunburn peel.

    Way to go Beth! You did it!

    XO
    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an amazing information!! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete