Monday, March 16, 2009

Goodbye to the Chia Pet


They removed the drain today! Although Brad had nicknamed it my chia pet, I was very happy to see it go. I am not the most graceful person (really) and having a long tube hanging off me is a disaster waiting to happen. 'We' dropped it once while attempting to pin it to my pajama top (the stitches held it in place but it hurt!) and I caught it on the arm of a chair once or twice...

The nurse at the Breast Health Centre removed the drain and also the bandage from the incision. Pretty ugly looking to me, but she says it looks good. I only have one incision since the lump and lymph nodes were all taken from the same incision (horizontal, under my arm).

Feeling much better already without it always pulling.


http://breastcancer.about.com/od/reconstructivesurgery/p/surg_drains.htm